YWCA Canada and SocialPakt: International Women’s Day T-Shirt Design Contest!
Calling all designers, artists and doodlers! YWCA Canada and SocialPakt are teaming up for International Women’s Day! Here’s the deal: Design a graphic that you feel symbolizes the empowerment of women and girls in Canada. Then submit your fab design to email@example.com by end-of-day Sunday February 26, 2012. The winning entry will have their design printed on a t-shirt that will be available for purchase on www.socialpakt.com in time for International Women’s Day on March 8, 2012. For every t-shirt sold SocialPakt will donate $6.00 to YWCA Canada and $3.00 to the winning artist. The contest is open to all artists, professional, amateur and student. If you are under 18 years of age your entry must be submitted by a parent or guardian. Please read the Rules & Regulations below before entering.
Socialpakt is an online community that generates funds and awareness for local artists and nonprofits. Our model is to run online campaigns where we feature one local artist and one local nonprofit. The featured artist creates a unique design that’s been inspired by the mission of the featured nonprofit, and we take the design, screen it on a t-shirt, and sell the t-shirt online for a limited time-period. For each t-shirt sold, we donate $6 to the featured nonprofit and $3 goes to the artist. You will also gain valuable exposure when SocialPakt and the featured nonprofit reach out to their followers on Facebook/Twitter/Email to alert them of your limited edition t-shirt. Finally, we will provide you with a permanent profile page that you can use to market yourself online.
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
By participating in the contest artist accepts and agrees to comply with these Official Rules & Regulations
1. This contest is open to all artists, professional, amateur and student.
2. You must be 18 years or older to submit. If you’re younger you can still make a design, but it must be submitted on your behalf by a parent or guardian.
- Artist must send contact information along with their design to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The final design must be submitted in jpeg or pdf, AND in a vector file (.ai in transparency).
- No logos can be incorporated into the design
- Artist must use ONLY solid colors (5 color max)
- Vertical designs are preferred (think what looks good on a t-shirt)
- Incorporating an inspirational phrase into the design, that further signifies the empowerment of women, is encouraged
- Each artist must acknowledge that each entry design is: (a) wholly original; (b) does not incorporate or include any material that would require the consent of any third party; and (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party.
- The chosen artist will receive $3 for every t-shirt sold on the SocialPakt website using the artist's design.
- The chosen artist will receive 5% of the retail price of any other product sold that uses the artist's design. If the chosen artist's design is used on a product in conjunction with other designs, the chosen artist will receive an equal share of 10% of the retail price of the product sold.
- The chosen artist will be the copyright holder of the art, but SocialPakt has the exclusive and perpetual license to use the design.
- The chosen artist will receive a profile page on the SocialPakt website
- Deadline for entries: You must submit your design by end-of-day Sunday February 26, 2012
Selection of winner: All entry designs will be screened and those that comply with these rules and have met the guidelines and specifications above will be judged by the staff of YWCA Canada. The winner will be notified by telephone, email or mail during the week of February 27, 2012.