YWCA Turning Point Programs™ for Women and Girls
YWCAs across Canada are committed to responding to the needs of women, young women and girls at critical turning points in their lives.
Although YWCAs and YMCA-YWCAs offer a variety of programs and services, which meet the needs of women and children in their community, a program marked with the YWCA Turning Point for Women logo indicates a program which addresses the needs of women and young women who are vulnerable to economic and social risks at critical times in their lives.
Turning Point Programs™:
- Satisfy women and girls immediate needs for safety, shelter, food, clothing or childcare
- Provide women and girls with physical, financial, emotional support and counselling
- Help women and girls enter/re-enter society, become self-sufficient, and avoid being in crisis situations in their future
- Help empower high-risk women and girls by building resiliency and making life choices to prevent crisis situations in their future
- Support children whose mothers are at critical turning points in their lives
Combined, our 32 YWCA Member Associations offer over 160 Turning Point Programs™ that address the needs of women and young women who are vulnerable to economic and social risks at critical times in their lives.