Week Without Violence
Tools, Tips & Products to help with your Week Without™ Violence programs
Need support with your Week Without Violence™ programming? Look no further, we’ve got you covered from organizing, to outreach, to media, we’ve got all the tools you need to help get you started.
The YWCA Week Without Violence™ Organizer's Kit and Media Kit are full of helpful programming and planning suggestions for each day of the Week Without Violence™. Follow the PR Primer when preparing media releases. Customize the letter templates to public officials to address the needs of your community. Use the Organizer's Kit as a guide to assist in planning a successful YWCA Week Without Violence™ !
Looking for ways to increase your Week Without Violence™ outreach using social media? Then check out the Power of Being a Girl™ communications toolkit and learn the secrets of social media, tips and tools for outreach, secrets to buzz monitoring and more.
Week Without Violence and Power of Being a Girl™ Educational Products
- YWCA Safety Siren, a FREE iTunes app which sets off a loud siren and sends an SOS urgent email to a friend when the user is in an unsafe situation displaying her location on a map. Amazing health and safety information including: short questions and answers about sexual health, dating and hooking up; tips and facts on safety; essential crisis information; and links to YWCAs across Canada as well as emergency and crisis resource centres.
- A Girls’ Guide to Knowing Her Rights, a way cool ‘zine on girls’ rights under Canadian law with important information about girls’ rights at home, school and on social networks and covers key issues like bullying, dating, stalking, assault and health.
- Are You Cool, essential information on learning to recognize early warning signs of violence in dating relationships
- Take Action on Violence, a bookmark offering suggestions for secondary students to take action in their schools and communities by organizing events on a series of anti-violence themes
- Tips for Healthy Dating, a postcard with quick tips to think about before heading out on a date, including facts on violence against young women in Canada.
Need swag? For more information on Week Without Violence™ and Power of Being a Girl™ products including stickers, buttons, yoga mats and more visit our online mall.
Looking for women’s anti-violence resources in Canada to help you plan your event or connect with a community partner? Check out our extensive list.