YWCA GirlSpace reaches out to girls with quality programming addressing key social issues facing young women. A signature Turning Point Program™, GirlSpace fills the need for girl-only extra-curricular community programs, offering girls the opportunity to increase their awareness about violence and its root causes, while exploring self, personal achievements, and building on positive self esteem.
GirlSpace is accessible and affordable to girls and young women between the ages of 9-18 and provides opportunities to:
- Build skills including leadership, teamwork, self reliance, increased independence, self awareness and positive self esteem.
- Work collaboratively with other girls to develop a space in which everyone is respected and feels welcome.
- Connect to community, with each GirlSpace responding to meet the varied and diverse needs of its own district.
- Learn, grow and share in a nonjudgmental environment supported by professional staff and dedicated volunteers.
- Working with individual GirlSpace programs, YWCA Canada develops national standards for curriculum, program materials and evaluation and communications strategies which strengthen the capacity of local Member Associations to support one another to achieve excellence and innovation in flexible, locally responsive programming.
For more information visit the GirlSpace website at www.ywcagirlspace.ca.