Think Big! Lead Now!
Young Women’s National Leadership Summit
Thursday, March 9, to Sunday, March 12 2017
$500 (Includes shared accommodation at YMCA Geneva Park and meals for Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
$750 (Includes accommodation in a single room at YMCA Geneva Park and meals Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Join over 120 young women between 18-25 years of age from across the country at YWCA Canada’s Think Big! Lead Now! Young Women’s National Leadership Summit in the scenic Muskoka region. Enhance your leadership skills & invest in your future.
- Meet inspiring leaders and hear them talk about realizing their goals.
- Participate in interactive skills-building workshops.
- Network with other young women creating change in their communities.
- Celebrate the contributions women have made in shaping Canada.
- Explore YMCA Geneva Park and its breathtaking natural beauty while participating in outdoor activities.
- Connect with a mentor and build on your leadership skills.
- Plan or help plan an action in your community.
Speakers and workshop facilitators
Keynote Speaker: Zoey Roy
Youth activist. Spoken word poet. Community leader. Educator.
Winner of a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, YWCA Saskatoon’s 2013 Women of Distinction Award, and a 2016 Indspire Award, 27 year-old Zoey Roy has created a vibrant life of art and activism despite leaving home at 13 and being incarcerated before the age of 14. Connecting to her community, volunteering, and gaining deeper knowledge of her Métis, Cree, and Dene roots were her first steps to her new life as a catalyst for social change.
Support the Summit:
Interested in sponsoring the event or a participant? Click here for our Think Big, Lead Now! sponsorship package.
For more information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.