Uplift Program - Reskilling for Jobs of the Future
About the Program
Uplift – Women in Specialized Technology Reskilling Training Program in Eastern Ontario Registration is Open – APPLY NOW!
The YWCA Canada’s Uplift Program provides women and non-binary people the opportunity to enhance and acquire skills and knowledge to enter the information and cybersecurity field through certification training with a provincially recognized educational institution and supports related to job development and pre-employment skills. Training fees for participants are covered by FedDev Ontario. The YWCA Canada Uplift staff will assist program participants to achieve better employment and navigate traditionally male-dominated workplaces.
PROGRAM START DATE: NOVEMBER 8, 2021
- Women (cisgender or transgender) or non-binary
- Bachelor’s Degree, diploma, or relevant experience
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident residing in Ottawa, Peterborough, Kingston, Cornwall
- Canadian Language Benchmark levels 7-8
- Must have IT, Science, Engineering background or transferable skills/ work experience
- Able to commit to a part-time 20-week training program, November to March, 10 hours a week; program will require participants to complete the 5 core and 3 elective specialty curated courses
- Personal laptop (referrals for loan available)
Benefits and Gains
- You will obtain an Advanced Information and Cyber Security Leadership Certificate from the University of Ottawa, Professional Development Institute
- Instructors include industry experts with application and implementation experience
- Become familiar with the technical core competencies that cybersecurity employers are looking for in employees to fast-track employment
- Essential skills training for employment and job-readiness
- Develop an understanding of employer expectations and labour market trends in cybersecurity
- Hands-on experience with real work projects
- Improved earning potential
For more information, please contact the Uplift Program Team Staff at:
- E: email@example.com
- T: 437-240-4132
Training Schedule Employment Essentials (Online/2 weeks):
Monday, November 8 to Thursday, November 11, 2021/9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Monday, November 15 to Thursday, November 18, 2021/9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
University of Ottawa, Advanced Information and Cyber Security Leadership Certificate (Online/18 weeks):
Two different daily training schedules are available
November 22, 2021, to March 24, 2022, Monday and Thursday, 28 half-day sessions from 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. OR 1:00p.m.to 4:00p.m.
Additional 4 hours a week – dates and time to be announced
- YWCA Hamilton – Press Release – December 16, 2020
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario – Press Release – December 16, 2020
- ‘Canadian government provides Hamilton YWCA $6.5 million to boost skills training’ – Featured in The Hamilton Spectator – December 17, 2020
- Government of Canada – Southern Ontario Spotlight – March 2021
For more information about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Uplift Program is funded by the Government of Canada, Federal Economic Development Agency of Southern Ontario.