YWCA in the News
Decades ago we set out on a path to be a strong voice for women. Today, YWCA Canada is at the forefront of the critical issues facing women and girls in the country.
From ending gender based violence, alleviating poverty, trauma informed practice, and leadership programs for girls and young women, YWCAs are leading a local response across the country on critical issues. We are ready to connect you with a diverse group of YWCA leaders and subject matter experts across Canada.
- CBC News – ‘Zoom-bombing’ targeting marginalized communities
- Toronto Star – Why Toronto should pause before considering Zoom for students’ remote learning
- York Region News – Domestic assault calls rise in York Region amid coronavirus crisis.
- Global News – Child and spousal supports not covered by government’s coronavirus emergency benefit plan
- Toronto Star – Giving birth during a pandemic delivers host of frightening challenges
YWCA Canada Spokesperson
Learn more about YWCA Canada’s CEO Maya Roy.
647 205 3079