Through our informed advocacy, we strengthen our Member Associations and our national movement to empower women, stand up for social justice and foster healthy communities.
Your voice is critical as we advocate for policies that
bring us closer to economic and social justice for women, girls and other equity seeking communities.
There many ways for you to join us in this work.
Sign up for our Talking Points newsletter and Advocacy Action Alerts.
- Participate in our Advocacy Campaigns & Actions
- Read and Share our Submissions and Reports
- Join our Coalition Work
Advocacy Campaigns and Actions
Submissions and Reports
Read and Share our Submissions and Reports
Check out our recent work and share on social media:
- YWCA Canada submission and presentation to 2019 Federal Pre-Budget Consultation.
- YWCA Canada participated in the National Human Trafficking Summit by Public Safety Canada and provided a submission outlining the need for a Gender Equity Approach to Addressing Human Trafficking in Canada.
- YWCA Canada submitted recommendations to Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) for their online public National Digital And Data Consultation, based on YWCA’s Project Shift work.
Our Coalition Work
Join our Coalition Work
Pay Equity Network and Equal Pay Coalition
We are a part of network of organizations committed to advancing proactive pay equity legislation, and ensuring that women receive equal pay for equal work.
Up for Debate
In 2015, we worked with over 175 members of the Alliance for Women’s Rights to create the Up for Debate campaign and create a Canada-wide conversation on gender justice and equality. In 2019, we are hoping to do the same and create the first Feminist Federal Leaders’ Debate!
Right to Housing Legislation
As a signatory of the Legislating the Right to Housing Campaign’s open letter to Prime Minister Trudeau, YWCA Canada is encouraging our members to use this convenient tool to send a letter to your MP in support of the draft legislation, and to add your name to the list of signatories to the Open Letter. Please also share widely with your networks using this email text or via the campaign’s website, Facebook, and Twitter to help spread the word!
Rohingya Human Rights Network
YWCA Canada signed on to an open letter addressed to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau calling on the Government of Canada to declare the persecution of the Rohingya people a genocide. The open letter was covered in the media. Due to the political pressure by advocates across Canada, MPs from all parties unanimously adopted a motion condemning the acts of the Myanmar military against Rohingya Muslims as an act of genocide.