YWCA Canada will be coordinating a consultation process for members of the Minister’s Gender-Based Violence Advisory Council, members of the civil society-led group for the Blueprint on the National Action Plan on Gender-Based Violence and other community-based gender-based violence organizations supporting underrepresented communities.
This consultation process will provide an avenue for eligible organizations to provide input on the National Action Plan to End Gender-Based Violence.
Eligible organizations will be able to request up to $40, 000 to organize community engagement sessions and provide input to Women and Gender Equality Canada on the National Action to End Gender Based Violence’s priorities, recommendations, activities and other related feedback. On the registration form, organizations are able to request funds between $5000 to $40, 000 and also provide direct deposit banking information to process fund disbursement.
Funding can be used to pay for eligible expenditures as outlined by Women and Gender Equality Canada on the Government of Canada website: https://cfc-swc.gc.ca/fun-fin/wcf-fcf/elig-en.html
Examples of eligible expenditures:
- Salaries and benefits for work directly related to the project
- Salaries and benefits related to management and support staff
- Payments made to an individual for a task performed or for knowledge contributed to the project in the form of honoraria
- Professional fees related to project activities (for example, bookkeeping)
- Materials and supplies need to carry out the project
- General office material and supplies that are not directly attributable to specific project activities
- Costs related to office space, including utilities
- Lease or purchase of office equipment and furniture necessary to carry out the project activities and not already owned by the organization
- Internet and telephone services
Full details on the Government of Canada website at: https://cfc-swc.gc.ca/fun-fin/wcf-fcf/elig-en.html
In order to participate in the process and request funding, we are asking all organizations to indicate their interest by completing the registration form by Wednesday January 13th, 2021 at 5 pm ET.
Registration Form Link: https://ywcacanada.typeform.com/to/BEHRgFV2
We encourage organizations to complete the registration form as early as possible. After completing the registration form, YWCA Canada will be in touch with eligible organizations with an agency agreement that must be signed by the organizational signing authority before funding disbursement is possible.
- January 13th, 2021 @ 5 pm ET – Deadline to complete registration form
- January 15th, 2021 @ 5 pm ET – Deadline to sign agency agreement
- January 31st, 2021 @ 5 pm ET – Deadline to submit pre-existing reports, policy recommendations and materials. Participating organizations can provide initial feedback based on discussion guide.
- February 19th, 2021 @ 5 pm ET – Participating organizations must submit a complete summary report of community engagement sessions based on a reporting template provided by YWCA Canada.
- March 12th, 2021 @ 5 pm ET – Participating organizations must provide receipts for project expenses incurred as per the list of eligible expenditures detailed by Women and Gender Equality Canada on the Government of Canada’s website: https://cfc-swc.gc.ca/fun-fin/wcf-fcf/elig-en.html. Any unexpended Project funds must be returned to YWCA Canada.
If you have any questions, please contact Anjum Sultana, National Director of Public Policy, Advocacy and Strategic Communications at YWCA Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org.