As part of our 16 Days of Activism to End Gender-based Violence programming, YWCA Canada will be hosting two virtual webinars. Join us for these powerful discussions and be a part of the change!
YWCA Canada presents “When Home Isn’t Safe: A Panel Discussion on Housing and Gender-Based Violence”, addressing the link between ending gender-based violence and safe, affordable, reliable housing. Join us for this deep dive into the world of supportive transitional housing for women and gender diverse people fleeing violence.
November 23, 2023 | 6-7:30 P.M ET
Featured speakers include:
- Jana Pruden | Award-winning feature writer at The Globe and Mail, and the host and co-creator of the hit podcast, In Her Defence
- Lynn Zimmer | One of the Founders of Interval House, Canada’s first shelter for women and children fleeing abuse and violence and former Executive Director of YWCA Peterborough Haliburton
- Aline Nizigama | CEO of YWCA Canada
- Lise Martin | Executive Director of Women’s Shelters Canada
- Ann de Ste Croix | Provincial Coordinator of Transition House Association of Nova Scotia
- Michelle Parsons | Executive Director of the Yukon Women’s Transition Home Society
- Hosted by: Lisa Hepfner | Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Youth and Member of Parliament for Hamilton Mountain