Support the YWCA
Since February 2020, local YWCAs have stepped up to provide emergency relief for women and gender diverse people across Canada. They’ve done this without any additional resources and have provided services such as:
- Operating shelters for families fleeing violence and over 2000 units of affordable housing
- Turning their community spaces into emergency shelters
- Running child care for essential workers
- Providing counselling services and safety planning remotely
- Renting hotel spaces to provide shelter and maintain physical distancing
- Providing food and essential supplies to seniors and other vulnerable communities
- And more!
YWCAs have stepped up and gone above and beyond the call of duty. But they are struggling and need our support. Send a letter to Prime Minister Trudeau calling for $2.8 million in emergency relief funding for the YWCA federation.
For more information, please contact:
Anjum Sultana, Director of Public Policy & Strategic Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 647 205 3079