Digital Fundraising Officer
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday, April 12th, 2020
Location: 104 Edward St. Toronto, ON, M5G 0A7
This is a 1-year contract, Full Time. Bilingual: Ability to work in French and English is required.
Reporting to: Director of Philanthropy and Strategic Impact
How you will create impact: Do you want to create gender equity through digital mediums? Do you think you can out-SEO Buzzfeed? Do you do your activism online? The Digital Fundraising Officer will develop YWCA Canada’s digital platforms. They will create content and maximize YWCA Canada’s digital opportunities for income generation to help deliver our mission “to advance gender equity for all women through informed advocacy and strong YWCA local presence.”
The ideal candidate lives on their phone and understands how algorithms and data drive fundraising and digital engagement. They will have high digital, organizational and communications skills.
They will work as part of the Philanthropy team and in close collaboration with the Policy and Communications team. About YWCA Canada
YWCA Canada is a leading voice for women, girls, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people.
For 150 years, we’ve been at the forefront of a movement: to fight gender-based violence, build affordable housing and advocate for workplace equity.
We work to advance gender equity by responding to urgent needs in communities, through national advocacy and grassroots initiatives.
Local YWCAs invest over $258 million annually to support over 330,000 individuals across the nation.
Today, we engage young leaders, diverse communities, and corporate partners to achieve our vision of a safe and equitable Canada for all.
Summary of the Job Implementation of the digital fundraising strategy, source, and create mission-driven content and drive YWCA’s digital campaigns to increase online giving and donor stewardship. There is a strong focus on creating opportunities for donor engagement in gender equity campaigns, donor renewal, new donor acquisition and donor retention strategies with a Community/Mission-Centric Fundraising approach.
Digital Fundraising & Stewardship – 40%
• Assist in developing and implementing a digital fundraising strategy to grow online giving with a specific focus on online donor acquisition – single gifts and monthly giving donors;
• Assist in developing and managing stewardship plans for online single-gift and monthly donors, in conjunction with the Director of Philanthropy and Philanthropy Officer:
• Ability to query, segment and analyze data for reporting, identifying new growth potential and data trends;
• Test digital fundraising strategies to determine the best approach for donor retention and acquisition;
• Increase acquisition of email subscribers and individual donors;
• Collaborate with other YWCA’s teams to align and enhance digital fundraising campaign across our social media assets;
• Manage timelines for each campaign to ensure they meet deadlines;
• Identify opportunities to increase revenue;
• Identification of and research into potential new funding streams mainly via digital channels;
• Identify and implement necessary improvements to the website and donation system to increase online giving;
• Monitor and report on digital fundraising donor acquisition and retention, and all digital fundraising campaigns;
• Develop, administer and synthesize results of our digital donor surveys
• Work with Philanthropy Officer to ensure donor data is captured accurately in our donor relationship management system;
• Ensure to apply best practices and follow policies, regulations and digital and privacy laws.
Content creation – 40%
• Content creation and development for YWCA Canada digital platforms, including website and social media channels as it pertains to fund development, stewardship and donor acquisition;
• Responsibility for the development of digital media materials to support fundraising and communications work, including design and production of short videos, infographics, multimedia materials, etc.;
• Collaborate with the Communications team to gather content for fundraising appeals, enewsletters and digital stewardship;
• Connect directly with various stakeholders to arrange for interviews, content, video and photo opportunities; • Edit content to ensure messaging is compelling, and it meets YWCA Canada messaging guidelines.
Data analysis, Reporting, Fundraising Operations – 10%
• Management of the YWCA Canada social media assets and processes particularly as it pertains to reporting and metrics making use of Google Analytics and other similar tools;
• Produce campaign reports and donors lists for divisions regularly and as requested;
• Assist the Philanthropy team with the day-to-day relationship building with external stakeholders relating to digital fundraising (including corporate partners – digital stewardship-, potential funders, developers, web and donation platform providers, tech support);
Intra and Cross-team collaboration – 10%
• Support in the identification of funding and grant opportunities for YWCA Canada core work in conjunction with other team members;
• To work as a full member of the YWCA Canada team, assisting with additional fundraising and communications tasks as and when required.
• Provide back up to the Fundraising Administrator as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Person Specification: The successful candidate will work closely with our highly effective team to build on the work already done by YWCA Canada and bring us closer to greater gender equity across Canada. The successful candidate will be an innovative professional with exceptional digital, fundraising, communication, networking and relationship management skills. They will be comfortable creating multimedia content and coordinating our online communications platforms, including our website. Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with great attention to detail, strong organization and planning skills. Exercises discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information and with strong interpersonal communication skills.
Education: Post Secondary Education: Diploma/Degree in Marketing/Communications/Fundraising/Digital Sales or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in annual fundraising, with specific expertise in the area of digital fundraising
• Demonstrated experience of digital campaign deployment and advertising using Facebook, Google Ads and other social media and digital platforms
• Demonstrated experience in digital content creation, including the development of multimedia content including video, image and editing skills
• Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies
• Experience developing and implementing a digital strategy, including content development for fundraising purposes or equivalent (digital marketing for revenue generation)
• Proven ability to maximize existing income streams and identify potential new fundraising opportunities
• Ability to lead projects to meet expected outcomes on time
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Demonstrated experience using WordPress, Office and Adobe suites and knowledge of a donor relationship management systems is an advantage
• Graphic design is an asset
• Exceptional writing, editing and presentation skills in English and French knowledge is considered an asset
Further information: We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We encourage applications from people from all sections of the community, particularly from visible minorities and underrepresented folks in the Not-for-profit sector. This job posting is open to Indigenous women, Immigrant and Refugee women, Black women, self-identified women, non-binary and Two-Spirit people.
TO APPLY, please send a motivation letter along with a full CV and the names of two referees to email@example.com with the subject: YWCA Canada, Digital Fundraising Officer. Applications submitted will be acknowledged, but no further feedback will be provided to applicants unless invited to attend for interview. Closing date: Midnight, Sunday, April 12th, 2020.